Friday, March 6, 2009

Shaheen uses health care meeting to raise money

After attending President Obama’s Health Care Summit, U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH) emailed supporters telling them about the meeting and asking for a donation to her campaign committee.

Here is a snippet of that fundraising email:

Yesterday, I attended President Obama's Health Care Summit at the White House. I can't tell you how honored I was to be a part of this historic meeting.

You joined my campaign for U.S. Senate to help move America in a new direction. We're working everyday to make that change a reality. We're off to a good start.

After years of inaction, our government is ready to tackle some of the great challenges facing our nation. From reforming health care to investing in clean energy to fixing our economy, I'm proud to be working with the President and my colleagues in Congress to put us on a new path.

And, I know that I wouldn't be here without you. I hope I can count on your continued support to fight for the values that we share.

No comments: